COMMON ISSUES WITH FLAT COMMERCIAL ROOFSIndiana Roofing
Flat commercial roofs are the standard for most commercial buildings for many reasons. Over time flat roofs can develop some common issues. Most of these problems are preventable if you use a qualified roofing contractor and have regular roof inspections.
- Roof Leaks and Moisture – Roof leaks commonly are caused by improperly installed flat roofs.
- Poor Roof Installation – Your roofing contractor should have experience installing flat roofs. An improperly installed flat roof can severely damage a building.
- Lack of Maintenance – It’s important to have annual roof maintenance scheduled to prevent little issues before they become big problems.
- Ponding Water – Ponding water can be caused by an improperly sloped roof, clogged gutters or other installation issues. It’s important to mitigate these issues before they destroy your building.
- Post-Construction Punctures – We often go out to clients with roof leaks only to discover another contractor drilled through their roof to install something without properly sealing the puncture.
- Improper Repairs – You would be surprised to see how people try to fix roof leaks. Every roof type has a different method depending on the type of leak and roofing material.
- Surface Erosion – Blisters and splitting can occur on roofs over time for multiple reasons. It’s important to catch these early.
It’s important to have your roof installed and inspected by a qualified, professional roofing company. Indiana Roofing Company has been proudly serving roofing customers throughout Northwest Indiana for over 25 years. Contact us today, we would be happy to come out for a free, no-obligation estimate.